Services Offered from Blue Chip Catering & Personal Chef Services
Blue Chip Catering is based in Daytona Beach, FL. We are available for private dining experiences, customized meal planning for athletes and cooking classes. Let us cater your wedding, engagement party, bridal or baby shower, dinner parties, corporate events, holiday meals, birthdays, graduation celebrations.
Blue Chip Cooking Classes
The monthly cooking classes give guests the opportunity for hands-on learning and personal interaction with Chef Charles Mallory. These classes are great for organizations, school field trips, spouse activities and other get-togethers. Classes range from 2-3 hrs. This is a demonstration class, which consists of a lecture and cooking demonstration, followed by eating at the end of class. A full refund can be issued if requested AT LEAST 48-HOURS prior to class. If a class has insufficient enrollment (5 participants) it will be cancelled 24 hours in advance. We will contact you by phone or email and issue a full refund for class.
Price: $50.00 (Includes Cost of Food)
Available Seats: 10
Personal Chef and Customized Meal Planning
Pricing for Personal Chef & Customized Meal Planning
5 entrées $275 plus cost of food – 4 servings of entrée* & appropriate sides
4 entrées $250 plus cost of food – 4 servings of entrée* & appropriate sides
3 entrées $225 plus cost of food – 4 servings of entrée* & appropriate sides
(*Minimum of 4 servings – there may be more in some cases, ex: lasagna or casseroles)
Gift Certificates start at $325 (includes food)
Intimate Dinner-for-Two starting at $325 depending on menu and wine selection
Food charges are usually worked out on a cost-per-person basis.
An indication of the price range (per person) you can expect to pay is as follows:
- Breakfast (continental to buffet brunch) – $7.50 – $40
- Lunch (sandwich platters, brown bag, box lunches) – $8.50 – $20
- Lunch (buffet to formal boardroom) – $25 – $60 and upwards
- Cocktail parties (canapés, finger foods, sushi) – $8 – $40
- Dinner (BBQ, grazing table) – $15 – $30
- Dinner (buffet to formal dinner) – $15 – $100
- Weddings – $35 and upwards
Blue Chip Catering will have package options ranging from basic soft bar to premium bar service packages which are priced on a per-person basis.
Another option includes a cash bar, which requires guests to pay for their drinks. Costs guidelines for bar service (per person) for 3 hour service:
- Soft bar – $6 – $15
- Limited bar (beer, wine, soft drinks) – $15 – $25
- Premium bar – $ 25 – $40
- Cocktails – $8 and upwards per cocktail
The costs for rental items in the per person ‘package’ cost and others will have these costs itemized.
Here are some ballpark figures for standard items to help with your planning:
- Tables – $10 each
- Chairs – $2 – 5 each
- Glassware $1 – $5 each
- Flatware – 50c – $1.50 each
- China – 50c – $3.00 per item
- Linen – $5 and more
- Platters and serving dishes – $15.00 and upwards
- Coffee percolators – $15
Flowing drinks and efficient food service are the hallmarks of a successful party. Staff can make or break your event.
It is important that you get your staffing levels right. Here are some general per hour costs for staffing:
- Event supervisor – $40 to $100 or more
- Bartenders – $30 -$80
- Servers – $15 – $40
- Chef – $100 and upwards
Additional considerations that may impact your bottom line:
- Location – Will there be kitchen? Will you need lighting? Do you need a marquee? Is there electricity? Do you have a stove?
- Length of event – how long is your event? How long will you need service staff for?